You are here:
Checking for plagiarism according to doctoral regulations 2017
As of January 1, 2021, all doctoral theses registered under the 2017 doctoral regulations will be subject to software-supported plagiarism assessment. This preliminary check is carried out before the dissertation is submitted to the Doctoral Office and the application for the opening of the doctoral procedure is filed. The aim is to avoid proceedings for violations of good scientific practice as far as possible in the future. Please inform yourself about the procedure on this page.
Consultations with appointment & initiation of the doctoral examination procedure
For reasons of health protection, no new appointments can currently be made for a personal consultation. You can reach the office for doctoral studies' staff during office hours by phone or email. The appointments previously agreed for a personal consultation will take place until further notice.
Due to the special situation, we offer you to submit your dissertation and the application for the initiation of the doctoral examination procedure by post. Please note the following information!
- First send us your dissertation via e-mail for a formal examination in Word format. Please compile your dissertation into a Word document as described on these pages:initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2012, initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2017. On these pages, open the appropriate tab for the type of dissertation you have (for example "Doctorate by publication with at least 3 publications"). Then structure your file as you find it described there under the second indent "3 copies of the dissertation". We will then inform you whether you can send us the application for opening with all documents (see below, No. 2-9) by post. For a publication doctorate according to the doctoral regulations 2017, please note: If you have written your synopsis (Manteltext) in English but are not a native speaker, we strongly recommend that you have the synopsis linguistically checked by a native speaker.
- NEW Please fill out the documents "Angaben zur Eröffnung des Promotionsverfahrens" and "Einwilligung zur Speicherung und Eidesstattliche Versicherung" (in German only), print them out and sign them! Please enclose the originals with your shipment.
- Compile all the documents required for the initiation of the doctoral examination procedure: initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2012, initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2017.
For deviations from these lists, for example regarding copies and signatures that are absolutely necessary, please note the following points:
- Sign in the 3 copies of your dissertation (i) the statutory declaration, (ii) the declaration of own contribution (if applicable) and (iii) your CV.
- Please submit with your original signature (i) the application for the initation of the doctoral examination procedure, (ii) your curriculum vitae for the file, (iii) for doctoral regulations 2017: selection disputation / individual examinations, (iv) your statutory declaration, (v) your declaration of own contribution for the file. Your first supervisor must also sign on this (v).
- Please enclose with all the necessary original signatures: (i) the assessor proposal form (with the signature and stamp of your first supervisor), and (ii) for doctoral regulations 2017: the original Votum Informativum with the signatures of all your supervisors.
- You must also submit some of the documents electronically. Please inform yourself on the pages mentioned above (no. 3).
- Please also enclose: (i) a simple (non-certified) copy of your identity card or passport, (ii) a simple (non-certified) copy of your degree or alternatively a current certificate of enrollment in medicine or dentistry at the Charité, (iii) a simple (non-certified) copy of your medical licensing certificate (if available), (iv) your specialist licensing certificate (if available), and (v) an official certificate of good conduct (amtliches Führungszeugnis). NEW You do not need to submit a certificate of good conduct!
- Please send us all documents in one shipment!
If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email! Please note that we will return incomplete shipments!
Please note: The processing effort required due to the elimination of personal office hours has doubled or even tripled for us on average. We are also currently in the process of clearing the backlog from the lockdown period. So please refrain from asking questions such as "Did you receive my shipment?"! Please read the instructions we give you on our website carefully and follow them as closely as possible! This will save you and us a lot of effort and trouble! Please clarify any points you have not understood with us before you send us your shipment. If possible, please send us an email. We will be happy to answer you as soon as we get to it. Thank you very much for your understanding!