Here you will find additional information on the issuance of certificates of attendance and the attendance of courses.
You are here:
Certificate of attendance and list of courses
Please select the courses you want to attend, in consultation with your supervisors. For this, also use the list of courses available on the Intranet of the Charité (can only be accessed by VPN from outside the Charité network) - which is, however, not an exhaustive list.
- Please download the editable form "Certificate of attendance Doctorate Environment" [in German] and the Excel list for entering all attended courses [in German]
- Complete the "Certificate of attendance Doctorate Environment" before every course and
- have it signed or stamped by the lecturer or organiser at the end of the course.
- When you have completed all the courses you need for your ECTS credit points, fill out the Excel list and send it with your scanned certificates of attendance by email to the coordination office of the doctoral environment. Please compile the scans in a pdf file, please do not send individual files!
You will then receive a certificate of attendance that you submit with your application to initiate the doctoral procedure along with the other documents.
- It is sufficient if the lecturer or course organiser signs the certificate of attendance at the end of the course. A stamp or an "official" confirmation of the institution is not required
- If the lecturer or course organiser issues a certificate of attendance, it is also possible to submit this. It is not necessary to have a certificate of attendance of the Charité completed in addition
- If the lecturer is not able to provide information on ECTS credit points, simply leave this section blank. In this case, we will award credit points based on the information on the relevant course presented to us
Submission to the Coordination Office
Towards the end of your doctorate, i.e. once you have finished working on your dissertation and are ready to submit it in order to apply for the initiation of your doctoral examination procedure, please submit the certificates of attendance electronically (scan, pdf format) by email in a single document together with the completed Excel list to the Coordination Office of the Doctorate Environment: promotionsumgebung(at)charite.de.
All emails must include
- your forename and surname and
- your date of birth in the header
Please be aware that submissions not corresponding to these specifications cannot be processed!
The Coordination Office of the Doctorate Environment will check whether the provisions of the curricula on the Standard Track and Advanced Track have been complied with, and will prepare a collective certificate on all course attendances. This will be forwarded to you by email and must be submitted to the Office for Doctoral Studies as proof (printed copy) of the successful attendance of the courses of the doctoral environment as a prerequisite condition for initiation of the doctoral examination procedure.