Vorabprüfung auf Plagiate für Dissertationen nach Promotionsordnung 2017
As of January 1, 2021, all doctoral theses registered under the 2017 doctoral regulations will be subject to software-supported plagiarism assessment. This preliminary check is carried out before the dissertation is submitted to the Doctoral Office and the application for the opening of the doctoral procedure is filed. The aim is to avoid proceedings for violations of good scientific practice as far as possible in the future. Please inform yourself about the procedure on this page.
Revision of doctoral regulations 2017
Consultations with appointment & initiation of the doctoral examination procedure
For reasons of health protection, no new appointments can currently be made for a personal consultation. You can reach the office for doctoral studies' staff during office hours by phone or email. The appointments previously agreed for a personal consultation will take place until further notice.
Due to the special situation, we offer you to submit your dissertation and the application for the initiation of the doctoral examination procedure by post. Please note the following information!
- First send us your dissertation via e-mail (see notes below No. 3) for a formal examination in Word format. We will then inform you whether you can send us the application for opening with all documents (see below, No. 2-9) by post.
- NEW Please fill out the documents "Angaben zur Eröffnung des Promotionsverfahrens" and "Einwilligung zur Speicherung und Eidesstattliche Versicherung" (in German only), print them out and sign them! Please enclose the originals with your shipment.
- Compile all the documents required for the initiation of the doctoral examination procedure: initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2012, initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2017.
For deviations from these lists, for example regarding copies and signatures that are absolutely necessary, please note the following points:
- Sign in the 3 copies of your dissertation (i) the statutory declaration, (ii) the declaration of own contribution (if applicable) and (iii) your CV.
- Please submit with your original signature (i) the application for the initation of the doctoral examination procedure, (ii) your curriculum vitae for the file, (iii) for doctoral regulations 2017: selection disputation / individual examinations, (iv) your statutory declaration, (v) your declaration of own contribution for the file. Your first supervisor must also sign on this (v).
- Please enclose with all the necessary original signatures: (i) the assessor proposal form (with the signature and stamp of your first supervisor), and (ii) for doctoral regulations 2017: the original Votum Informativum with the signatures of all your supervisors.
- You must also submit some of the documents electronically. Please inform yourself on the pages mentioned above (no. 3).
- Please also enclose: (i) a simple (non-certified) copy of your identity card or passport, (ii) a simple (non-certified) copy of your degree or alternatively a current certificate of enrollment in medicine or dentistry at the Charité, (iii) a simple (non-certified) copy of your medical licensing certificate (if available), (iv) your specialist licensing certificate (if available), and (v) an official certificate of good conduct (amtliches Führungszeugnis). NEW You do not need to submit a certificate of good conduct!
- Please send us all documents in one shipment!
If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email! Please note that we will return incomplete shipments!
Please note: The processing effort required due to the elimination of personal office hours has doubled or even tripled for us on average. We are also currently in the process of clearing the backlog from the lockdown period. So please refrain from asking questions such as "Did you receive my shipment?"! Please read the instructions we give you on our website carefully and follow them as closely as possible! This will save you and us a lot of effort and trouble! Please clarify any points you have not understood with us before you send us your shipment. If possible, please send us an email. We will be happy to answer you as soon as we get to it. Thank you very much for your understanding!
Doctoral studies at the Charité
On its website, the team of the Charité’s Office for Doctoral Studies provides detailed information on doctorates at the Charité.
- If you want to learn more about the different tracks to your doctoral degree at the Charité in general, please click here.
- In the Doctoral examination procedure section you will find information on the topics of "Registration" of doctoral projects and "Initiation of the doctoral examination procedure" according to the former Doctoral Degree Regulations 2012 and the new Doctoral Degree Regulations 2017.
- In the Doctorate environment section, you will find information on the topics of "Compulsory doctorate accompanying courses"("Doctorate Environment") as well as on the "Recognition of other academic contributions".
- Rules, forms and other documents are available at Links and Download.
- For counsel and advice, please click here.
Deadlines for submissions under the 2012 Doctoral Degree Regulations
The Faculty Council has extended the deadline for submission and initiating of the doctoral procedure according to the old doctoral regulations 2012 by six months:
- Those who registered before November 1, 2017, now have until April 30, 2021 to submit the application for the opening of the doctoral procedure.
- Those who have registered between November 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018 according to the old doctoral regulations 2012 have an individual deadline for submission: It is calculated as the day of registration plus three years and six months.
Office for Doctoral Studies
At present, only telephone consultation hours take place for reasons of infection protection:
Consultation by phone: 9am - 11am
Consultation by phone: 9am - 10am
Consultation by phone: 1pm - 3pm
Please note that the office will be closed from December 21, 2020 to January 6, 2021 inclusive!