Consultations with appointment & initiation of the doctoral examination procedure
For reasons of health protection, no new appointments can currently be made for a personal consultation. You can reach the office for doctoral studies' staff during office hours by phone or email. The appointments previously agreed for a personal consultation will take place until further notice.
Due to the special situation, we offer you to submit your dissertation and the application for the initiation of the doctoral examination procedure by post. Please note the following information!
- First send us your dissertation via e-mail (see notes below No. 3) for a formal examination in Word format. We will then inform you whether you can send us the application for opening with all documents (see below, No. 2-9) by post.
- Fill out the document "Einwilligung zur Speicherung und Eidesstattliche Versicherung" (in German only), print it out and sign it in the original! Please enclose the original with your shipment.
- Compile all the documents required for the initiation: initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2012, initiation according to the doctoral regulations 2017.
For deviations from these lists, for example, regarding copies and signatures that are absolutely necessary, please note the following points:
- Sign in the 3 copies of your dissertation (i) the statutory declaration, (ii) the declaration of own contribution (if necessary) and (iii) your CV.
- Please submit with your original signature (i) the application for the initation of the doctoral examination procedure, (ii) your curriculum vitae for the file, (iii) for doctoral regulations 2017: selection disputation / individual examination, (iv) your statutory declaration, (v) your declaration of own contribution for the file; Your first supervisor must also sign on this (v).
- Please enclose with all the necessary original signatures: (i) the assessor proposal form (with the signature and stamp of your first supervisor), and (ii) for doctoral regulations 2017: the original Votum Informativum with the signatures of all your supervisors.
- You must also submit some of the documents electronically. Please inform yourself on the pages mentioned above (no. 3).
- Please also enclose: (i) a simple (non-certified) copy of your identity card or passport, (ii) a simple (non-certified) copy of your degree or alternatively a current certificate of enrollment in the medicine or dentistry at the Charité, (iii) a simple (non-certified) ) copy of your medical licensing certificate (if available) and your specialist licensing certificate (if available). For the time being, you do not need to send us a certificate of good conduct. Please note that you must show us these documents in their original form before we will hand over your doctoral certificate! This also applies to the certificate of good conduct.
- Please send us all documents in one shipment!
If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email! Please note that we will return incomplete shipments!
Doctoral studies at the Charité
On its website, the team of the Charité’s Office for Doctoral Studies provides detailed information on doctorates at the Charité.
- If you want to learn more about the different tracks to your doctoral degree at the Charité in general, please click here.
- In the Doctoral examination procedure section you will find information on the topics of "Registration" of doctoral projects and "Initiation of the doctoral examination procedure" according to the former Doctoral Degree Regulations 2012 and the new Doctoral Degree Regulations 2017.
- In the Doctorate environment section, you will find information on the topics of "Compulsory doctorate accompanying courses"("Doctorate Environment") as well as on the "Recognition of other academic contributions".
- Rules, forms and other documents are available at Links and Download.
- For counsel and advice, please click here.
Office for Doctoral Studies
From the 6th of January, 2020, the following office hours will apply:
Consultation by phone: 9am - 11am
Consultation by phone: 9am - 10am
Consultation with appointment: 10am - 12am
Consultation with appointment: 9am - 12am and
Consultation with appointment: 1:30pm - 3pm
Consultation by phone: 1pm - 3pm
If you would like to make an appointment, please contact us by phone or by e-mail. If you contact us by e-mail, please make sure to specify the issue(s) that you would like to address. If possible, please give us three possible dates (within our above-mentioned office hours) that would suit you.